In the shire of Los Serranos and just 60 Km away from Valencia, you will find the beautiful town of Chulilla.
Chulilla is a small town of whitewashed houses and narrow streets with a genuine medieval urban pattern, which is ordered from the Islamic Castle down to the river Turia.
Chulilla, with its natural heritage and environmental richness offers a numerous rural and sport activities. It is ideal form practicing sports like hiking, mountain biking, trail running, etc. And of course, rock climbing !!! Chulilla, being one of the best rock climbing areas in Spain, is a real paradise for climbing lovers.
Chulilla has a few good restaurants where you can enjoy traditional mountain cuisine. And also in the bakeries you can buy typical reguiños for breakfast.
We recommend the visit to following spots.
- Chulilla Castle: Moorish castle, at the top of the village, that preserves the walls and offers a nice views of the town and incredible views of the Turia River.
- El Charco Azul: Natural backwater at the Turia River, 20 minutes away from Chulilla by walk.
- Turia Canyon: This is a spot of high landscape value. The river is surrounded by stunning vertical walls, which are up to 60 mtr high.
- Cave Paintings: These paintings are at the Falfiguera ravine, which are 45 minutes away from Chulilla by foot. They are fully accessible through a marked trail, from which you will enjoy a stunning view of Chulilla and it is fertile land along the river.
- Pantaneros Route: This was the old route used by workers employed in the construction of the Loriguilla Dam to walk from Chulilla to the construction works. This 5 Km trail runs along the Turia River canyon, bordering the top of the cliffs and crossing from one side of the river to another by two suspension bridges.